The SH7211 is a high-end single chip microcontroller with on-chip flash memory, which incorporates an SH-2A core and achieves operation of 160MHz. TheSH-2A CPU core employs a superscalar architecture enabling simultaneous execution of two instructions. Compared with the conventional SH-1 andSH-2, a tremendous increase in processing performance is realized. The SH7211incorporates register banks. When an interrupt event occurs, CPU internal register information is stored in registers at high speed. This make it possible to improve real-time control performance greatly. This LSI includes abundant peripheral functions suited f or industrial applications, such as a multifunction timer unit 12-bit A/D converter and 8-bit D/A converter.
- SH-2A core (without FPU) high-efficiency RISC
- 160MHz IO/3.3V, internal/1.5V
- SH-2A instructions (with the exception of FPU instruction)
- Large capacity on-chip memory:
- ROM: 512KB/384KB
- RAM: 32KB/24KB
- Powerful peripheral functions
- Powerful timer : CMT : 2ch + MTU2 : 6ch + MTU2S : 3ch
- A/D Converter: 12-bit, 8ch (3-channel sample & hold circuit)
- D/A Converter: 8bit x 2ch
- Serial (FIFO): 4ch
- DMAC: 8ch
- INTC, WDT, etc
- I2C Bus Interface*: 1ch
- Direct Memory Interface (BSC)
- Direct connection to ROM/SRAM/SDRAM/MPX IO is possible
- Power management unit
- Possible to switch over CPU/on-chip peripheral/external bus clock
- LQFP-144 (20mm x 20mm, 0.5mm pitch)
* I2C BUS is a registered trademark of Philips.
- AC servos, inverters, vending machines, video printers, barcode readers,color copiers, etc.